If anyone is building any type of building, deck etc they need to complete a building permit along with a lot plan showing the new or addition to an existing building. All permits have to be approved by the Hamlet Board and the RM of Coteau before construction can begin.

Building Permit

Any new construction (residence, garage, shed or out buildings) or any addition to an existing building must have a building permit completed along with a lot plan. The lot plan must show all measurements of existing buildings and decks as well as lot dimensions and position of new buildings or additions and their measurements.

Current Hamlet Bylaws are available under the Council Tab of this website in the Organized Hamlet of Hitchcock Bay Information. All building permits must be submitted to the Hamlet Board for approval by the board as well as the RM of Coteau before any construction can begin.